We are looking for a person to take the role of Junior DevOps Engineer. As a Junior DevOps Engineer, you will have to bring fresh ideas from different knowledge areas like distributed computing, large-scale design, networking, data storage and security. You will work with our mission-critical IoT infrastructure that services our users.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools
- Ability to code and script
- Experience with systems and IT operations
- Comfort with frequent, incremental code testing and deployment
- Strong grasp of automation tools
- Data management skills
- A strong focus on business outcomes
- Comfort with collaboration, open communication and reaching across functional borders
- Strong computer science fundamentals
- Strong AWS knowledge
- Experience with software engineering best practices (e.g. unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Experience using APIs
- Experience with infrastructure as code
- A desire and an ability to learn new technologies quickly
- A disciplined approach to testing and quality assurance
- Experience with web apps
- Experience with modern frameworks, tools and workflow
- An eagle-eye for detail and passion for perfection
- Solid understanding of the full web technology stack (e.g. HTTPS, cookies, headers, asset loading / caching, load balancing)
- Passion for delivering great services
- Ability to innovate and partner with our design team to build multiple prototypes quickly
- GitHub profile or link to open source work
- Experience as DevOps on AWS in previous jobs
- Great written communication and documentation abilities
What’s in it for you?
- Being part of an international team, and a young and entrepreneurial environment
- Invaluable experience in a company within the growing IoT-industry, every day is a new challenge!
- A friendly working environment with great networking possibilities
- Space for your input, creativity and growth
- Full responsibility in your field/tasks
- Salary: According to qualification
- Free lunch, a decent amount of fruits & coffee is unlimited!
NorthQ ApS is a Danish technology company, specialised in the Internet of Things with the main focus on manufacturing and developing home automation and energy optimisation solutions. Founded in 2007 by a small group of highly motivated and creative people, the company is a pioneer within retrofit meter reading solutions for electricity, gas, heat and water meters. While developing the hardware and software of our products, we were guided by the belief that technology should be simple and robust. Moreover, it should be easy to install and easy to operate, without the need of much attention.
In order to achieve this, we have established a creative international environment in which we work hard and generate new ideas every day.
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.